Welcome to ICE Malta. We would like to thank you for choosing us as your ICT Study Partner.
The Terms & Conditions hereinunder are deemed to have been read, understood and agreed upon once the course booking has been processed. The terms and conditions are binding once the booking form has been signed and submitted.
Kindly confirm that the details in these terms and conditions on the booking form are complete and accurate before you commit yourself to confirming your course. If you think that there is a mistake, please make sure that you ask us to confirm any changes in writing.
In the event that any of these terms and conditions are inconsistent with any terms and conditions on the booking form, the latter shall prevail.
Full payment of the course fees must be received by the date of the course commencement. The institute will only confirm enrolments when a 50% deposit is made. It is at the discretion of the Institute to accept payment term agreements. Once a payment has been affected the prospective student will receive a receipt and details of the pending balance.
- Fees and deposits can be paid by credit or debit card, by cheque or in cash. All cheques should be payable to the Institute of Computer Education and will only be accepted on presentation of the Payee’s identification card.
- Fees can only be paid in cash provided the payment is made in person.
- If a company or organisation is funding the course, the applicant is requested to provide a company purchase order together with the booking form. Payment is required within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice or as specified.
- Payments for individual lessons must be paid in full prior to the scheduled course.
- Provided that a course has not been closed for bookings, the Institute may accept further bookings till the day of commencement of the course.
- Confirmation of course booking for late applicants would be done by the Institute by telephone or via email. If no formal confirmation from the Institute has been received within 24 hours of the submission of application, it shall be the duty of the applicant to contact the Institute to confirm the status of the booking.
- Contact details of the applicant must be provided when booking. The applicant must ensure that the details provided are in full and correct.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the course is still available and that the booking has been confirmed prior to making any travel arrangements.
- The Institute will in no way be liable for any travel or accommodation expenses and/or any losses howsoever incurred if in any event the applicant cancels the booking.
- No refunds of fees and/or deposits will be provided should there be a cancellation once payment has been affected. The Institute has the sole discretion to provide a refund if there is a good and sufficient reason to.
- A Visa is required in order to allow the applicant to study in Malta, unless the applicant is a holder of a Maltese/EU Passport. Visit the website www.mfa.gov.mt for more information. The applicant is responsible for the Visa application process and the Institute shall in no manner be in charge of following the application process at any stage.
- Once obtained, the applicant would need to present the passport and Visa to the Institute’s Admissions Office at least two working days in advance of the commencement of the course. For these purposes,, Sundays and Public Holidays are not considered as ‘working days’.
- Parents or guardians of students under the age of 16 must inform the Institute if the student is allowed to travel by public transport or not. It shall be the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure the student has arrived safely
- At no time will the Institute be responsible for the student before arriving, while on the premises or after leaving the Institute.
- All applications must be co-signed by the parent or guardian in order for them to be processed.
- Cancellation or non-attendance due to illness or for personal or professional reasons does not entitle the applicant to a refund, extra tuition or a transfer.
- However, in such an event the Institute will consider all the relevant circumstances and take proceed in a fair and reasonable manner. Kindly note that if any alternatives are offered additional charges may apply.
- The Institute will assist students to fill in the necessary forms to qualify for funding opportunities. However, the Institute will not be held responsible for any changes or misinterpretation of grants, applications which are not accepted or processed by the ‘Granting Entity’.
- The Institute may launch initiatives, offers, study credits and new certifications having specific terms and conditions.
- The Institute reserves the right to amend or cancel courses, change course dates, substitute educators at any time. The Institute guarantees a three (3) working day notice where a course is cancelled or rescheduled. The applicant will be given an option to choose another related course or to be given a full refund of the course fees or of the classes cancelled.
- The Institute will provide refunds within one month from notification.
- The Institute will not, in any manner whatsoever, be liable for any losses including, but not limited to, travel and accommodation expenses arising as a consequence of any modification or cancellation of courses.
If a particular class is postponed for reasons for which the Institute is responsible, such as staff illness, the Institute will ensure that the class is rescheduled or where this is not possible, to add the missed hours on to the remaining course classes.
A certificate of attendance will only be awarded if at least 80% of the classes have been attended. The student will be presented with a certificate at the end of the course or will be asked to collect the certificate a maximum of seven (7) working days after course completion. The Attendance Certificate will reflect the details provided on the booking form.
- If your certificate(s) has previously been received and since been lost, stolen or damaged, a certificate reprint fee will apply.
- Students who wish to reschedule their confirmed exam session will incur an administrative fee.
The course fee includes the cost of electronic course notes, access to an online student area and basic course materials. While studying at ICE Malta, students are not allowed to install any software without the consent of Institute staff, or change any computer set-ups or passwords. Authorisation must be sought before students can use any external storage devices (such as USBs or pendrives). No mobile phone, games or any other similar electronic equipment, unless with the consent of the Institute’s staff, is allowed to be used during class. Smoking in the Institute premises is strictly prohibited. Eating/drinking in class is not allowed. No politics is to be discussed at the Institute. Students are to handle all computer equipment with care.
All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English should note that they are required to be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and presentations in English. If all students and educator are in agreement, lessons may be conducted in Maltese.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to recognise that other students may require support and assistance. If a student becomes persistently disruptive, the Institute reserves the right to give a verbal and/or written warning. If a student is dismissed for misconduct, no refund will be given. Students are encouraged to arrive for classes on time. Late entry to the class is at the discretion of the lecturer.
There are no classes on public holidays, unless in particular circumstances, the Institute deems it fit that classes are to be held as usual. Students will receive a reminder via email where a class is scheduled on a public holiday.
The Institute endeavours to keep any personal information, divulged by the applicant, confidential. Such personal data will not be given to third parties. Personal information will only be used for educational, promotional or marketing purposes unless the applicant does not wish to receive such information.
- The Institute, its employees and representatives accept no responsibility for any loss of or damage to personal belongings or property of the student, or for any personal injury to or death of a student occurring on the Institute premises and/or while using Transport Services provided by the institute, whether by fire, theft, evacuation or by any force majeure event.
- Nor is the Institute, its employees or representatives liable for damages for cessation of operation and resulting cancellation of courses due to an event outside the Institute’s control.
- Students are liable for any damage caused to the Institute’s premises.
The Institute reserves the right and retains copyright to all promotional photographs, which may be taken of students on its premises. The Institute will obtain permission from the student before taking photographs, and the student has the right not to be photographed. No personal details of students will be passed to third parties, except the appropriate authorities, without prior consent.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and are construed in accordance with Maltese law, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.