- Course Duration: 44 weeks. Both assignments must be submitted within your 44 week eligibility period.
- Course Access: 52 weeks. You will have an additional 8 weeks access to all your course materials after your course end date. Please note that this 8 weeks is not part of your course duration and all assignments must be submitted within the set 44 week eligibility period.
- Membership Access: 18 months. You will have access to membership from Day One of your eligibility and continued access beyond your course end date.
- Assessment Requirements: 2 assignments of 5000 words each are due for submission on set submission dates as outlined at the beginning of your course. Assignment 1 due at Week 20, following your course commencement date. There will then be a 4-week break period following this submission. Upon resumption of the course, Assignment 2 will be due in a further 20 weeks.
- This is an academic course that requires a significant personal investment of time and an unrelenting commitment to rigor, accuracy, and honesty. The reports for the two assignments must be supported by data derived from appropriate primary and secondary research methods. The assignment reports must be written using appropriate academic referencing (i.e. Harvard Referencing) and the results and conclusions should make reference to wider research and authoritative reports that exist outside of the core materials provided by the DMI.
- This program requires significant independent study. In a postgraduate course it is expected that students use their own initiative to develop their research, to engage with the course materials, and also find and engage with appropriate external research and reports.
- The DMI tutor and assessors cannot review any written work before submission.
- Extensions can be granted in circumstances such as serious long term illness and/ or hospitalisation, accident, immediate family bereavement, or other serious personal circumstances. All extension requests will require supporting documentation. Foreseeable commitments and work commitments are not grounds for extensions or leave and will not be granted. Where the ability to meet an assignment deadline is in doubt, applications for extenuating circumstances must be made in advance of the assignment deadline by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with appropriate supporting documentation.
- For the purposes of the Postgraduate assignments, students must select a company and gain permission from this company to gather and use data upon which they can base their assignments.
- Students will be required to correspond with their selected company to gain insights into their online presence and organisational resources.
- For Assignment 1, upon selecting a company, students will research the impact of existing and future technologies on its target audience and industry. Using these insights, students will then create a tailored digital marketing strategy for the selected company in Assignment 2.